Thursday, June 7, 2007

With Great Sadness



It is with great sadness we announce that our wonderful cat of 16 years, Winky Patchwork (at one point in her youth - HELLCAT) Farassat Akers, was put to sleep last night. For any of you who had seen her recently she had shrunk to a shadow of her former self. We were worried that she might have something wrong with her teeth. Last night Todd touched her neck and found a very large mass. The vet didn't have anything good to say and so the decision was made to put her down.
Winky has been a wonderful companion who saw me through some of the toughest times in my life. She protected me and kept a close eye on me. She put up with Lesley pushing her and laying on her and always know when we needed some kitty love.
Winky I love you... You were my first cat and I will always hold a very special place in my heart for you.
Rest in Peace.

No comments: